The bathroom is arguably the most important room in your Sacramento home. After all, it is where you start and finish each day. You wake up, use the toilet, take a shower, brush your teeth, and make your hair before you get out of your home. Along with the kitchen, bathrooms are the most-used rooms in your home. The average person spends nearly two years of his/her lifetime in the bathroom! This is one of the major reasons why you always want your bathroom to remain in tip-top condition at all times.
There are potentially endless reasons and bathroom remodeling ideas why you would want to remodel your Sacramento, CA bathroom. Some of these reasons may include:
- To expand the bathroom: Not all of us have the money or space to add a new bathroom and a great alternative is always to expand or enlarge an existing one. Today, one common bathroom remodeling project in Sacramento, California is to expand a half bath by adding a tub or shower. This is a home improvement project you can do without spending significant cash but can greatly enhance your home’s value.
- To update the bathroom: Creating your own oasis is another big reason why most California people decide it is time to update or remodel their bathrooms. You could put an acrylic insert in your shower or tub or replace vinyl flooring with modern tiles just to enhance its design. You may also give it a new coat of paint or replace your cabinets or vanity.
- To boost overall energy efficiency: There are a couple of things you can do to enhance your overall energy efficiency in your Sacramento bathroom. Installing CFL or LED lighting fixtures can potentially reduce your monthly energy bills significantly. You can make necessary energy-saving improvements on your own or as part of a larger bathroom remodel.
- To fix a nagging plumbing issue: Most plumbing issues in California are usually minor and most homeowners can potentially tackle such small repairs. However, if you have a leak in your bathroom flooring or walls that require you to tear either flooring or walls to fix the problem, you will have to consider remodeling that bathroom.
Even if you are a DIY fanatic, bathroom remodeling is one home improvement project in Sacramento, CA you wouldn’t wish to do yourself. You will need the help of a professional bathroom remodeling contractor. However, with numerous contractors to choose from, the prospect of finding the best bathroom remodeling contractor can sometimes prove to be a daunting and intimidating task.
Before you invite a Sacramento team to remodel your bathroom, there are a couple of things you will have to do for you to get the best professional for the job. A bad contractor could jeopardize your bathroom remodeling project and the idea is to improve your bathroom! On the other hand, a high-quality remodel will not only enhance the overall quality of your bathroom, but will equally boost your home resale value. This is why it is important to work with a proven expert who will see your bathroom remodeling project through to its successful completion.
So, below are some of the most important factors you should consider when hiring a bathroom remodeling company in Sacramento:
- Have a plan: Before you contact any bathroom remodeling professional in Sacramento, California out there, you should have a clear idea of how your renovated bathroom should look like in terms of fixtures, layout, size, and materials needed. Your contractor may also need to know if your bathroom’s footprint will change or whether electrical and plumbing fixtures will have to be expanded or not. When you tell your contractors what you expect at the end of the project, they stand a better chance to provide you with fairly more accurate estimates. Make sure you have a bathroom remodeling plan.
- Have a look at the California contractor’s previous work: You have to ascertain that the contractor is experienced enough to handle your bathroom remodeling project. A good contractor should provide a picture gallery of their previous work, to prove their level of expertise and the quality of their work. You may also review the contractor’s portfolio on their official website. You should critically examine their previous photos and decide if that particular bathroom remodeling contractor can do the type of job you are looking for. Also, check to see if they saved any of their clients money on a bathroom renovation.
- Interview more than one remodeling contractor in Sacramento, CA: Your time is precious and on occasions, you just want to get the job done! However, talking to just one or two experts only gives a limited set of viewpoints. And making a decision based on one price point could potentially cost you more time and cash down the line. But, if you solicit at least three bids, you will get an idea of the standard price range and identify any scammer. From here, you can now use price as one consideration and choose your bathroom remodeling contractor based on other vital factors such as flexibility, creativity, and communication. Simply put, it is relatively easier to find the bathroom contractor in Sacramento who is the perfect fit for the job by interviewing more than one contractor. Make sure to check their before and after bathroom renovation pictures.
- Verify credentials and licenses: Your California contractor should carry personal liability, property damage coverage as well as workers’ compensation. Due diligence should guide you toward ensuring that all these things are met. Don’t rely on an individual’s word of mouth that he meets all the bonding, insurance, and license requirements for your state or type of project. A bathroom renovation project almost always involves electrical and plumbing work, it is critical to verify a contractor’s credentials. Never hire a Sacramento contractor who won’t provide proof of insurance or certification.
- Customer references are key: It is important that you are comfortable with your Sacramento, CA contractor, that you are confident with their ability, and will complete that task as promised. If this isn’t the case, you have no reason to hire them. The best way to measure your comfort level is by obtaining actual customer references. Ask your contractors to provide you with several contacts of previous customers they have worked with on their most recent bathroom renovation projects. Determine if those clients were happy and satisfied and if they would work with the same contractor again.
- Get estimates in writing: Verbal estimates will never bail you out of a problem should you encounter one. You already know that numbers can be misinterpreted, forgotten even if your contractor has no ill intentions. On the other hand, written estimates are not only great for reference purposes, but are equally understood by everyone. The estimates should be in written format. What’s more, make sure you read and understand every bit of the estimate, ensuring it fully and correctly describes the type of work the contractor in Sacramento needs to do.
A DIY bathroom remodeling Sacramento CA not only puts your life at risk because it may involve handling electrical and plumbing work, but can prove costly as well. This is why it is highly recommended that you hire a proven professional to do the job on your behalf. They have the right tools and knowledge to give you the type of bathroom you are looking for. We have given you the most important tips to take into account when hiring a pro to remodel your bathroom.